Blog entry by Alex Jones
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw Printer
The 'printer not found' issue arises during the wireless network setup process. When you are installing the driver for the printer HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw it may display some problem. You can solve this issue by trying out the below steps.
1. Restart the device
- Turn off all the devices such as a printer, computer, and router and turn on again to solve the 'printer not found issue'
- Power off the printer and close all the activities running on the system. Shutdown the system
- Now again try to connect the power cord to the router. Just wait for a few minutes for the internet connection to show the status of the connection. Power on the computer and the printer. Install the software and the driver again
2. The status of printer connection
- Check if the network processes are functioning right and the printer is ready for network setting up
- Open the settings menu or the wireless network to check if the wireless signal is powered on. Check if the network icon light is blinking
- If you are utilizing a wired connection ensure if the cable is in connection with the Ethernet port of the printer
- Connect to the network you are using. If you are using a dual-band router set it to 2.4 GHz.
- Go to the network icon in the notification to look at the network name and the status of the connection. In the process of driver installation disconnect the virtual private network
You can also use HP Print and Scan Doctor to troubleshoot the issue in question. It is a free tool by HP to resolve all the printer issues.
To obtain more information on HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw Setup you can visit the site or else call our Support team for immediate assistance.